We are pleased to invite interested players and their parents to open nights with the BMBA. You can choose the night and times that suit you.
Our open nights are conducted through our normal sessions and are held at: –
Tuesdays: Wellington Secondary College Mulgrave (Park and Enter vic Singleton Drive.)
Wednesdays and Thursdays: St Michael’s Grammar in St Kilda East (Entrance via Redan Street)
Fridays & Sundays: McKinnon Primary School in Ormond. (Park and enter via Tucker Road.)
These sessions are a great way to get a taste of what the BMBA have to offer. You can check out our venue and have your kids enjoy some high-quality coaching, while having the chance to ask questions and gather information about the BMBA and our quality programs.
Open night is FREE, all we ask is that you register before attendance via our blue registration button below.
Just indicate which session you want to attend and then get along and check us out!
Details below cover our after-school training at all our venues.
After School training, what is it all about?
We have been thrilled to be conducting our “Basketball Plus” & “IDP” training programs at several different venues in 2022 .
The goal of the BMBA is to make training and coaching available to juniors that they normally wouldn’t be able to access. Our ambition is to provide opportunities for every junior player who participates in our program to learn new skills, improve current ones, to gain increased knowledge about the game and to dramatically improve their game.
Through doing this we will also be providing opportunities for players within our program to play and participate in BMBA squads and teams through domestic competitions, tournaments, interstate and country tours. We will also ultimately be looking to arrange international tours for the super keen participants.
Can anybody register for these sessions?
Yes, these sessions are available to all junior players who wish to improve their game whether they play for a BMBA team or they play for any other team or club. Our goal is to provide as many juniors who want to receive it the best quality coaching possible.
If your child plays for another team our sessions will complement your team by raising your skill level. Alternatively, they can continue playing for their current team while also joining a BMBA squad. The choice is entirely yours.
Others may be bigger but we're better
We are not the biggest basketball program in Melbourne and nor do we want to be. Bigger basketball clubs and Associations do not provide value for service when it comes to delivering high-quality coaching and training and the reason’s for this are understandable. The BMBA was initiated to service junior players who have a desire and a motivation to develop and acquire a high skill level for the game of basketball while also gaining significant knowledge and understanding of the intricacies of the games offences and defences.
In doing this, we give each of our participants every chance of obtaining the most enjoyment possible from the game. So while some may others may be bigger, we are better and here is a lengthy list of the reasons why:
- We conduct 90 minutes sessions, not the 30 or 45 session normally provided. In our opinion one 90 minute session per week is the minimum required to achieve real development in acquiring higher skill and knowledge levels
- We implement different standards of training for different levels of skill. From beginner through to advance levels. You can find out more by clicking here.
- We hire and provide coaches with a legitimate basketball knowledge and background that are truly capable of teaching your kids fundamentals and improving their skill and knowledge level.
- As these are paid roles, coaches are obligated to implement our program properly, ensuring your child’s development is maintained in a planned and structured way.
- Our training is implemented through a tried and true coaching program that builds player’s skill and knowledge levels in a planned and progressive format.
- We test player’s skills levels in different areas as they develop. We only test these skills when we are confident they will perform well so they gain confidence as we progress them to more challenging levels when they are ready for them.
- We provide constant feedback to both players and parents on what we are doing through our training.
- Players are given regular assessments so they know what stage of their basketball development they are at. Through these assessments players are also given tasks and goals to help them to keep progressing.
- Something that is unique to the BMBA is our library of videos and documents specific to our training program. Players are given full access to our coaching video library which complements our on-court training. This library will continue to be expanded as time goes on.
- For those that play in our squads, where possible, we video matches and upload them for players and coaches to review and for our head coaches to ensure that what we are teaching at training is being implemented in games by our coaches.
- For those that participate in our after school training and also register for our holiday camps, we design and construct the camps to complement their after school training to ensure our participants obtain the maximum benefit and enjoyment out of their BMBA participation.
We look forward to welcoming them into the program, where we can help them realise their potential.
Why join a BMBA squad/team?
If your son/daughter joins one of our squads that improvement in skill level will be more dramatic as
- They will be coached and supervised by BMBA coaching staff.
- What we teach at training will complement what we apply in games.
- Players will learn offensive and defensive structures to complement their skill level and development.
- BMBA coaches will be able to track players development and progress to allocate roles and responsibilities during games.
- What we teach at training will be reinforced in games.
- Boys and Girls who participate through our training will also received tailor. planned sessions at our holiday camps whenever they register to maximise their participation, skill development and enjoyment at those camps.